How’s everyone doing with their goals?
Remember: the key is to make one simple choice each week and add it to the choices you’ve already made. If you’re not ready to add a new goal, that’s okay. Continue with the ones you’ve already chosen, but set a goal to add a new habit the next week.
Note: it takes 21 days of consistent work to create a habit, so after three weeks, the choice should easily become a part of your lifestyle.
Last week I wrote out a list of food choices. This week it’s exercise. Mix and match exercise and good choices as you go through the year.
- Walk three times a week for thirty minutes.
- Change the thirty minutes a day three times a week to four times a week.
- Pick up an exercise DVD and use it several times a week. I’ve found some great ones at Wal-Mart.
- If you can, join your local gym and go twice a week. Spend 30 minutes on the cardio machines and 30 minutes on the weight machines.
- Increase your gym attendance by one day making it three times a week.
- During the spring and summer months, find hiking paths available and go walking for an hour with a friend once a week.